Courtesy of the Canadian snow board........
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Just back from Niagara Falls at the weekend.
A big change from going to a wee caravan in Arbroath or going doon ti the Crookies.
After listening to the rush of water all weekend I was kind of visiting the wee guy's room a bit mair often ye ken......
Like my picture?
Saturday, November 03, 2007
OK things are changing at work (Again), but this time it's quite an unusual change for me.
For those who don't know my job, it has me talking to Americans and listening to them telling me how awful Vista is and not finding the "Any" key. And I do this for the super-huge company, Dell.
For the past year it has been fairly interesting and for the most part amusing. I think it's down to Americans not expecting a Scotsman answering the phone and so far I've been asked if I'm Irish, Australian, Indian and even German, but very rarely Scottish, go figure.
I can get to work by means of a 5 minutes car ride, a 10 minute cycle ride or a 30 minute walk and the bus passes right past the apartment block, ok.
At Dell they have a special group of people where they can work from home and guess what? I applied and got, so now my commute to work is about 30 seconds. (2 minutes if I stop at the kitchen and pour me a coffee)
- The hours I work are pretty awful and I do like the job I figure why not sit at home and get paid.
- Winter is coming and even though I really close to work, going out in -25c weather doesn't appeal to me.
- I was given money to spend on a home office setup and they pay for my Internet access.
- They also given me a rather spanking laptop with docking station and nice monitor. (Better than the ones at work)
- I only need to come into work once every 3 weeks.
The office setup so far........